Project Management & Systems
MWC is experienced in providing comprehensive software Configuration and Change Management capabilities that facilitate sophisticated version control, workspace management, parallel development support and build auditing to help improve productivity. MWC has implemented solutions that improve collaboration; automation and help businesses enhance IT efficiency by lowering business costs, mitigating risk and reducing time to market for high-quality solutions.
As software delivery organizations expand globally and are confronted with compressed time frames and cost constraints, software development and testing becomes increasingly complex. The increased complexity can be addressed by employing software configuration management (SCM) tools and processes. The MWC SCM solutions help development teams capture, control and securely manage software changes and assets throughout the software delivery life cycle.
The MWC SCM solutions are capable of:
- Managing and protecting software assets (design models, source code, test cases, documentation)
- Providing a stable development environment
- Managing change throughout the development life cycle
- Managing configurations and versions of a software release
- Maintaining traceability and scalability
MWC has provided CM support to several Space and Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) and FBI programs and projects including:
- USMC Combat Operations Center (COC)
- USMC Digital Integration Facility (DIF)
- Tactical Service Oriented Architecture (TSOA)
- Joint Tactical Common Operating Picture Workstation (JTCW)
- FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
Provide Sophisticated and Secure Version Control
MWC SCM consulting and software solutions enables clients to manage and control source code, libraries, documentation, binaries, web artifacts and any other project artifact that can be represented as digital content. MWC solutions are also used to control versioning for directories, subdirectories and all file system objects. Developers can see the version, branch and file they are working on by viewing the version tree; SCM also allows the developers to delete previous versions, create and delete branches, list version histories and compare and merge versions. MWC SCM solution provides a robust centralized repository where development assets are captured and versioned securely.
MWC SCM solutions provide access control helps ensure that only authorized individuals make changes. User authentication is performed through operating system authentication mechanisms or through industry-standard Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), so you always know who is accessing the repository. Support for user-based and group-based permissions limits access to files and directories while user-based locks are available on software objects (branches, labels, elements and Meta data).
Develop in Parallel
Configuring and providing extensive support for parallel development, MWC SCM solutions help developers resolve conflicts, reduce confusion and work on the same code base or release. Parallel development also allows you to fund multiple projects simultaneously, and determine how to release each project depending on when it is complete. Automatic file-branching functionality isolates specific changes or versions, allowing multiple developers on the same and different teams to work independently from the same code base. Development and integration stream models define how and when developers deliver code changes. Using its merging and differencing capabilities, the software accepts uncontested changes and highlights conflicting changes for faster resolution.
Manage Personal Works paces
With MWC SCM solutions, you have fine-grained control over your personal works paces and seamless access to the exact file and directory versions you need for different kinds of development activities. A view provides a workspace in which you can work on assignments in isolation from other developers. MWC SCM solution offers two view concepts:
- A snapshot view is a workspace created on your local computer. The snapshot view delivers a copy-based workspace that allows you to continue working on local copies of files, even when you’re not connected to the company network. On reconnect ion, the changes can be synchronized easily.
- Dynamic views provide instant access to large works paces without the cost or hassle of setting up a traditional copy-based workspace giving you transparent access to versions of elements on the network. Development teams can mix and match their views based on preferences and project needs.